James L. Howard, ASLA
Jim has thirty-two years’ experience in urban design, planning and landscape architecture. He brings exceptional skills to project management, often integrating multi-disciplinary teams to incorporate sustainable design principles into the development of unique and memorable spaces. His technical expertise in the preparation of design and planning documents, construction documents, specifications and cost estimates provides a solid foundation for project success. As a former member of the City of Kenmore Planning Commission, he is aware of the trends and issues facing communities throughout the region and viable solutions available. Maintaining a commitment to successful client service, his projects have consistently been commended for design excellence and quality control.
- City of Kenmore Planning Commission, former-member
- Washington Aggregates and Concrete Associates Awards Program, juror
- Ravenna Creek Alliance, participant
- City of Shoreline Park Board, citizen advisor
- City of Shoreline Parks Acquisition Committee, former-chairperson
- “Giving Street Trees A Better Chance: Creative Design Underground Means Longer Life,” coauthor, Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce
- “Vine Panels: Industrial Materials and Vegetation Enhance a Sound Barrier Wall,” coauthor, Landscape Architecture Magazine
- Soil Testing for Landscape Architects: Soil Chemistry & Reports, Northern Lights Analytical & Consulting Inc.
- Biofilter Swale Design Seminar, Center for Urban Horticulture
- New Soil Strategies for Stormwater Management, WA Organic Recycling Council
- Department of Ecology – Low Impact Development Training Program